Lyon is one of the best cities in France that you must visit. The city is 3rd largest in France. It is the funds of Rhone-Alps region. The city is known for its historic and cultural heritage. A number of its buildings and museums have been listed in world heritage site list of UNESCO.
Some of the best locations to visit and explore within Lyon are:
1. St. Jean Cathedral: This church is dedicated to St. John and St. Stephen. It was constructed during Twelfth and the Thirteenth century. The earliest parts of the church have finally been shut for prayers and are stored for the public display.
2 Renaissance Courtyards: These are the beautiful courtyards that were built during the time of renaissance within the Roman style of architecture.
3. Theatres Romains de Fourviere: This is actually the oldest theatre in France and was started in Eleventh century AD. There's a great respect and value for it amongst the nearby inhabitants.
4. Parc de la Tete: This is a popular park that is made in the actual English type of architecture. The park was built throughout the 19th century and it is one of the biggest and most beautiful urban parks associated with France. It is a good way for family outings and other recreational activities. The main popular features of the park include a large greenhouse, botanical garden along with a rose backyard. Recently African Plains have also been added where the animals can wander freely.
5. Opera house: This opera house had been started in 1826 and it was later reopened in 1993. The place has hosted many opera performances as well as dance exhibits. The cup ceiling from the building is to watch out for.
6. Aquarium du Grand Lyon: This is another fascinating attraction. The aquarium tank is located around the outskirts from the city and it has a bit of amusement for almost everyone. There are a number of varieties of fishes and other aquatic life species have been kept here. Many informative lectures and slideshows will also be organized to teach the masses.
7. Maison de la Dane: It is really an ideal spot for the dancing lovers. This particular theater continues to be dedicated to dance where you can discover various type of dance. There's a museum also is situated in the actual vicinity of the identical building.
8. La Part Dieu: This is one of the largest shopping mall in France. The mall has got the presence of almost all the major brands in the world. But steer clear of this place every sunday as it can obtain crowded.
Lyon is among the best locations in France to determine and discover restaurants à Lyon. Eurostar is one of the best means to reach Paris and then you can take possibly TGV train or even bus in order to Lyon.
Lyon, the culinary capital of France, which is the third largest town and second biggest metropolitan area in France. This city is famous for its tradition and 2000 year-old history. This particular city was founded by the Romans and a heritage city because recognized by UNESCO. This excellent city is situated between Paris and Marseille and 470 km from Paris. You are able to reach there from Geneva which is just 170 km aside. It is located in East of France between 2 rivers called as Rhone and Saone. The people living there are referred to as Lyonnais. It has a 'semi continental' climate and climate is nice to go to in the 30 days of September and Oct.